You are fierce, you are determined, and you will not be stopped. You have a natural lust for discovery, and exploration, and we know exactly what it is that you are missing!
As a young professional, no matter the industry that you work in, you are someone who is busy, doesn’t have a lot of time, and has a lot of things that need to be delivered. Some people are better fit to be multitaskers than the rest of us, but that doesn’t mean that the super human ability to handle various tasks is out of reach. Below are some of the best apps available to us, that bring the best out of the inspired traveler within. Some of the world’s leading young entrepreneurs utilize the same technology to enhance their capabilities. Believe it or not, after reading this article, you will be that much closer to being a world-changing entrepreneur you are destined to be. All it takes is a little “insider know-how”!
- Hotel Tonight is a really fun choice, because it brings out the dreamer in you. If you like looking at beautiful images of luxurious hotels, rooms, and imagining all of the amazing things that happen with the press of a button. Unfortunately, it is not that simple. There may be a little bit of travel, and various other expenses needed to get you to your destination. Though, if you do find yourself on the road, and you are the adventurous, “last-minute type”, then wait and book with HT. While AirBnB is also on our list, Hotel Tonight stands out for the simple fact that you can get access to really exclusive, luxury hotels for dirt cheap. This is so amazing, because you get access to amazing services and amenities like having your room and area cleaned, access to hotel specials, and events which are all inclusive. Because these hotels don’t book up rooms on any given night, prices are dropped significantly in hopes that these rooms can fill up. HT knows this, and builds a network of small boutique to large well-known hotel chains a like, and then beautifully displays these rooms to you on their app. If you are the type of person who loves fresh bed sheets, freshly fluffed pillows, room service, and all of the add-ins, HT is for you!
- AirBnB is perfect for you, if you want to see the world from a different perspective. You can traverse the world with locals, if you are fortunate to find a property owner who is willing to show you around. The different between Airbnb vs. HT is that Hotels usually have a brand, and those brands are consistent. AirBnb’s brand is all about experiencing things in different ways. You can come back to the same city, again, and again and have an entirely different experience every time depending on who you stay with. Who would have known? If you are the traveler who likes to do things differently, and have more control over the direction of your experience, then AirBnb is for you!
- Expensify will save you so much time at the end of the year, when tax season rolls around. If you want to keep track of your personal expenses throughout the course of the year, having Expensify makes this process amazingly simple. They have options that allow you to take images of your receipts and manually file them in the correct places, or you can connect your bank, or credit card directly into Expensify. This will automatically take record of your purchases, and file them without you needing to think about it. Even if the process of filing your taxes, every year, at the end of the year, happens on an annual basis, just the sheer amount of work that it takes to file your expenses is a monstrosity. Using Expensify makes this process seamless, and thoughtless, saving you hundreds of hours every year. Go Expensify!
- WeChat & Whatsapp are messaging applications that are both equivocally popular across the world. Beauty lies in the eyes of the beholder, but so does the choice of using either of these apps. Far more popular in places like Europe, Whatsapp has established itself as a force to be reckoned with. Beckoning over 1 billion monthly active users, it is the premiere way to connect with people, especially if you’re traveling and don’t have a phone plan that supports international travel. Another similar product is WeChat, which also has at least 700 million monthly active users utilizing the app for chat, payments and various other needs for eastern asian markets. WeChat is a Chinese application used mostly by Chinese users, but an interesting note, a lot of these active users live in countries like America, or throughout the European Union. If you travel internationally, have friends from foreign countries, or do business in foreign countries, these apps can streamline your communication woes in a jiffy!
- Instagram is not just a social application, but an amazing way to create, and save beautiful images and experiences. In addition to photo capture & editing, it also allows you to share these images within your own personal community. Just as photo behemoth Kodak was filing for bankruptcy, Instagram was acquired by social giant Facebook for 1 billion dollars, which goes to show you how important of an app that it has become. When you are on the go, sometimes the best way to save memories is by taking photos, and Instagram has enabled us to capture, and share memories like never before.
- Wunderlist, the ultimate productivity app, hands down. Acquired by Microsoft in 2015 for $100 million dollars, it is an intuitive application that allows for task management, collaboration, and productivity in it’s purest form. A must have.
- Uber has truly disrupted our world at a blinding speed. Unfortunately, Uber can be quite expensive, but you don’t call an Uber for the car, you call an Uber for the experience. At the press of a button, you not only hail a vehicle that takes you from point A to B, but a driver, their profile, their ETA, their rating, and so much more. The service is unrivaled, and even with competitors like Lyft, or the taxi’s of yesteryear scrambling like crazy because they were caught their pants down at their ankles, there is simply no stopping the true disruption of Uber. “Don’t get caught with your pants down, go with Uber” (Praying we get paid for that line one day).
- Google Drive is a simple app, for notes, images, documentation, and collaboration. For you, Drive comes into play nicely if you have ideas, or important notes that need to be written down. Unfortunately, if you’re in China, you are out of luck, as sites like Google, and Facebook aren’t available. If you’ve ever had an “aha moment”, Drive is a really good way to write, annotate, and organize those ideas neatly, and cleanly.
- Amazon, duh.
Thank you for reading!
If you have a moment please help us with something: