Oh Sunday! How we marvel at your awesomeness. No work (if you are lucky), plenty of sunlight (if you are lucky) and the perfect cheat day to enjoy what ever you like. Perhaps it isn’t even a cheat day and you just want to try something delicious. Fear not, as we have comprised a list of fantastic treats around the city of Los Angeles for you to try (not all at once) this upcoming weekend, and all of the weekends to come after. Note that we have tried all of these places and we love them. If you feel that we are missing a place that you love let us know!
Note: Our recommendations aren’t listed in any particular order
- Sweet Rose Creamery – Sweet Rose makes small batches of hand-crafted ice cream daily using only the best ingredients including organic milk and cream from Clover Farms, organic eggs from Chino Valley Ranchers, fresh fruit and nuts from the Santa Monica Farmers’ Market and more. Their kitchen is 100% GMO free and kosher certified!
- Sweet Lady Jane – If you’re a fan of pies Sweet Lady Jane has your back! Listed 2 years in a row as “Oprah Winfrey’s List of Favorite Things” Sweet Lady has the taste, variety and specialty to satisfy your sweet cravings. Please go for us!
- Diddy Riese – A historic marvel and something that we didn’t mention the last time around. Diddy Riese not only makes this list because of it’s delicious treats and affordable price, but Diddy Riese is the longest tenured snack shop on this list if not all of Los Angeles. Diddy Riese first opened its doors for business in 1983 and is still running strong. Take a moment this weekend and head over to Westwood, California just on the borders of UCLA to try one of their famous ice-cream sandwiches. Our advice, bring cash and be prepared to wait in line!
- Vanilla Bakeshop – Rich, decedent, creative, superb are some of the words we think of when imagining ourselves eating Vanilla Bakeshop’s cookies. A little on the pricey end for a cookie, starting at about $2.00, but it is worth it. There are so many different variations of the chocolate chip cookie that they could remove every other item off of their menu and just settle with selling cookies. They are that good!
- BSweet – Bread. Pudding. The only thing you need to know! Delicious with ice-cream, although we do not recommend the ice-cream that they sell. Perhaps they should consider a partnership with Sweet Rose Creamery?
Thank you for reading!
If you have a moment please help us with something: